Moreland Neighborhood History
- Moreland neighborhood was part of East View Village from 1906 to 1920, when East View “became insolvent and was absorbed by Shaker Village.” Scruggs, 2012.
- “In 1920 the boundaries of Moreland were Van Aken Boulevard on the north, Scottsdale Road on the south, Lindholm Road (one block east of Lee Rd) on the east, and Sutton and Menlo Roads on the west. When completely built out in the 1960s Moreland had 808 single-family homes, 248 two-family, and 617 apartment units.” Dawson, 2017
East View United Church of Christ:
- Whyte, Donna McIntyre. Current resident of Moreland neighborhood.
- Shaker Heights Centennial Interview Collection
- Shaker Lakes Nature Center Interview Collection