Both Main Library and Bertram Woods Branch are official Passport Acceptance Facilities for the U.S. Department of State. Passport and photo services are available by appointment. Appointments should be scheduled online.
A one-hour appointment can accommodate up to 2 applications. Please book consecutive one-hour appointments for additional applications.
Please note that appointments for applications under the age of 16 must apply in person with any parent(s) listed on the birth certificate or listed in guardianship paperwork using the DS-11 form.
For further assistance, please call 216-991-2030, option #4
Passport Processing and photo services are available for the following hours:
|Monday – Thursday||10:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Friday and Saturday||10:00 am – 3:00 pm|
|Bertram Woods Branch|
|Monday and Wednesday||2:00 pm – 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday||10:00 am – 3:00 pm|
What do I need for a Passport?
- An unsigned DS-11 application either completed in black ink or filled out online and printed from the U.S. State Department website.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (*The original copies may be sent to the U.S. State Department with the passport application)
- An original or certified copy of a U.S. Birth Certificate
- A U.S. Passport or certificate of naturalization
- Current proof of identity
- Ohio Driver’s License
- Ohio State ID card
- A secondary for of ID or another approved form of ID is required if showing a non-Ohio driver’s license or an Ohio State ID card
- One passport photo (*photos may be taken at Shaker Library facilities for $10.80 per applicant)
- A non-starter personal check, cashier’s check, or money order for the total amount required by the U.S. State Department
- Cash or a debit/credit card for the Acceptance Fee ($35) and optional photo fee ($10.80)
Form DS-82: U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals by Mail
Print a blank form or Complete online and print
If renewing a passport, read the requirements. Shaker Library will review the application; however, the applicant is responsible for mailing Renewal Applications to the U.S. State Department.
All other forms that may be needed when applying for a U.S. Passport may be found on the U.S. State Department Website.
There are fees associated with the application process. Any fees being paid to the U.S. State Department must be paid via check or money order. The acceptance fee and photo fee paid to the Shaker Library can be paid via cash or credit. For reference, the current fees are as follows:
|Adult Passport Book||$130||$35|
|Adult Passport Card||$30||$35|
|Adult Passport Book + Card||$160||$35|
|Minor Passport Book||$100||$35|
|Minor Passport Card||$15||$35|
|Minor Passport Book + Card||$115||$35|
*Additional fees of $60 will be incurred for expedited applications.
*A fee calculator and full list of optional fees are available from the U.S. State Department.