We offer proctoring services for anyone needing to take tests for college or professional certifications.
We will meet the proctoring requirements of the testing institution whenever possible. In most instances we will provide a quiet area or small study room for exam taking. We cannot provide a proctor if the librarian is required to be with the student during the entire exam. Periodically a proctor may check on a student during the exam and will enforce any time limits as well as other rules/restrictions included in materials.
- It is your responsibility to contact the library proctor to verify that the exam has been received. Be sure to notify your instructor and the proctor prior to pre-arranged exam time if it is necessary to cancel or change exam arrangements.
- Come prepared with pens, pencils, calculators (if allowed) erasers and scratch paper.
- You must schedule a time and date with the proctor. Appointments can be made in person, by phone at 216.991.2030, option 6, or by using the form below. The proctor will get back to you to set up the appointment.
- We reserve the right to return to the testing institution any exams that are received without prior contact with the student.
- We must receive the following information before a test is sent for proctoring: student name, name of institution, phone number or email of student.
- Tests can be received or returned through the mail, by e-mail or by fax. You or your school will pay any postage incurred by mailing tests to your school. We can receive tests from delivery services such as Fed Ex or UPS. However, the library is not a pickup site for these services, so tests cannot be returned this way.
- It is your responsibility to contact the institution to determine if the completed test was received. We are not responsible for the content of exams that are sent to proctors or for completed exams once they are faxed or mailed.
Complete the form below to get started.