Contact Meghan Hays, the Local History Librarian, by email or by phone to discuss your research needs and to make an appointment to use materials.
Inquiries about building plans are best made by email. Be sure to include your house address.
Direct Phone: 216-367-3016
Shaker Heights Public Library
16500 Van Aken Blvd.
Shaker Heights, OH 44120
Find us on Facebook!
Meet the Local History Librarian and learn about the history of Shaker Library in the October/November 2012 issue of Shaker Life Magazine
Using Local History Materials
In order to preserve access to many irreplaceable items:
- Local History materials are made available to customers by the Local History Librarian, who supervises the materials’ use. The Local History Collection is not a self-serve browsing collection.
- Local History materials, including books, must be used in the library and cannot be checked out or removed from the building.
- Researchers should wear gloves (provided) when handling fragile materials or unprotected photographs.
- While a researcher uses Local History materials, the researcher’s ID will be held with a list of materials in use.
- A reference librarian can make the following materials available to researchers when the Local History Librarian is not available:
- School yearbooks
- Local History books
- Materials that have been set aside by the Local History Librarian for that researcher’s use.