Excellent customer service is our top priority and we will strive to create a rewarding library experience for our community. It is the responsibility of every staff member to present a positive image of the library at all times. We believe that the customer comes first and that how we treat people is more important than anything else.
- We provide courteous, responsive, high-quality service to our customers.
- We provide the best possible service at all times, within the constraints of available resources.
- We provide the same quality of service to all regardless of age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, educational background, sexual orientation, physical limitations, or any other criteria.
- We provide access to traditional and innovative resources and instruction in their uses.
- We develop and regularly review library systems, services and policies to ensure they are customer-friendly.
- We seek innovative approaches to benefit our customers.
- We listen to our customers and respond to suggestions and concerns with fairness and flexibility.
- We respect our customers’ privacy.
- We treat library employees as customers and believe that great internal customer service creates great external customer service.
Approved by the Shaker Heights Public Library Board of Trustees 4/13/2010, revised 3/14/2016