Excellent customer service is our top priority and we will strive to create a rewarding library experience for our community. It is the responsibility of every staff member to present a positive image of the library at all times. We believe that the customer comes first and that how we treat people is more important than anything else.
- We provide courteous, responsive, high-quality service to our customers.
- We provide the best possible service at all times, within the constraints of available resources.
- We provide the same quality of service to all regardless of age, race, gender, religion, ethnicity, educational background, sexual orientation, physical limitations, or any other criteria.
- We provide access to traditional and innovative resources and instruction in their uses.
- We develop and regularly review library systems, services and policies to ensure they are customer-friendly.
- We seek innovative approaches to benefit our customers.
- We listen to our customers and respond to suggestions and concerns with fairness and flexibility.
- We respect our customers’ privacy.
- We treat library employees as customers and believe that great internal customer service creates great external customer service.
Approved by the Shaker Heights Public Library Board of Trustees April 13, 2010, revised March 14, 2016.