The information below is extracted from the library’s Circulation of Library Material Policy. You may choose to view the policy in its entirety, as passed by the Board of Library Trustees.
My Library Card and Account
If you live, work, go to school, or own property in Ohio you can get a free Shaker Library card. To receive your card, you must present proof of your current address and a valid form of government-issued photo ID. A parent or legal guardian must present ID and assume financial responsibility for the account of a minor.
Protect your library card as you would a credit card. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card. If your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately.
To prevent loss of library materials and to protect you from fraudulent use of your library card, you must present a library card or a valid form of government-issued photo ID to check out items or get account information.
You can borrow material from Shaker Library as well as from any library in the CLEVNET system, a consortium of more than 40 library systems across 12 counties in northern Ohio.
- Visit the library catalog and select My Account. You will be prompted for your library card number and PIN/Password. For more information see online help.
- Sign up for a NetNotice account to receive email reminders (including a weekly summary sent on the day of your choice) when it’s time to return or renew items you borrowed.
- NetNotice enables you to receive item pick-up notices by email or SMS text message (standard rates for your mobile phone carrier apply).
- Access NetNotice through the in the library catalog.
- Your PIN/password is usually the last four digits of your phone number or the month and day (MMDD) of birth unless you specified a different password.
- Your password can contain letters and numbers and you can change it using your My CLEVNET account.
- I forgot my password.
Sign up for a NetNotice account to receive email reminders when it’s time to return or renew items you borrowed. You can also set up your account to receive your account information each week. You need to have an email address listed on your account in order to use this service. You can also receive your item pick-up notices by email or SMS text message (standard rates for your mobile phone carrier apply).
Please report lost or stolen library cards to library staff immediately. You are responsible for all material checked out on your card up to the time that you tell us that your card was lost or stolen. You may request a replacement for a lost or stolen card in person at the library.
Most library cards expire every two years, no matter how often they are used. This allows us to verify your current contact information when we renew your card.
You may renew your library card online, over the phone, or in person at either of our locations. Please note that the online renewal may only be once per account. For online renewals, please visit https://forms.clevnet.org/renew/
For library card renewals over the phone, you must use your library card number. If your address has changed you cannot renew your card over the phone.
For in-person library renewals, you may either use your physical library card or your government-issued photo ID. Accounts that require a change of address must show proof of current address (physical or electronic proof of a utility bill, lease/mortgage agreement, etc.).