Grand Reopening event set for Nov. 4
Shaker Heights Public Library opened its Bertram Woods Branch to the public Wednesday, October 11, 2023 after ten months of renovation. The $3 million project was completed on schedule and on budget.
The library will host a Grand Reopening Celebration on Saturday, November 4 at 2 p.m. The event will kick off with a ribbon cutting and remarks from library leadership, followed by refreshments, music, giveaways, and tours.
Highlights of the renovation include:
- Two new study rooms (available by appointment) where customers can work quietly or collaboratively.
- A refurbished meeting room that now features up-to-date presentation and videoconferencing technology.
- A passport office that offers applicants added privacy.
- A new skylight and nature-themed wall art in the children’s area.
- A new HVAC and updated electrical wiring that make the space more energy efficient.
- Refurbished restrooms and a newly paved parking lot.
- Reconfigured staff areas, including a circulation workroom and reference desk that will better meet staff needs and enhance their productivity.
“We hope that the community will appreciate the upgrades and begin taking advantage of all that the new space has to offer — the study rooms and meeting room, the new seating areas, and the new toys and technology in the children’s area, especially,” said Director Amy Switzer.
“I also want to applaud our staff. They did an amazing job preparing the building to reopen to the public,” she added.
The library worked closely with architecture firm Bialosky Cleveland and construction manager Turner Construction to see this project to completion.
Bertram Woods Branch Hours:
Monday – 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday – 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday, Friday & Saturday – 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sunday – Closed