Tentative Timeline of Renovation Project
Our tentative renovation timeline includes a list of tasks to be completed, the months during which they will be completed, and the expected duration of each task. Please note that this is a tentative timeline. We may revise it over the life of the renovation as requirements change or are added. Visit this page to follow along with our exciting renovation plans as we work to improve and enhance your library.
Tentative Timeline Details
We anticipate beginning the design process in June and seeking community feedback over the summer, with construction to begin in 2020.
- Spring 2018: Library passes 1.9-mill operating levy—the first increase in millage in 21 years
- Fall 2018: Renovation planning begins
- Winter 2019: Library hires RFC Contracting as Owners’ Representative
- Spring 2019: Library hires Bialosky Cleveland Architects
- Late Spring 2019: Construction Manager at Risk selected
- Late Spring 2019: Design of Main Library begins
- Summer 2019: Library schedules Community Meetings with Architects
- Spring 2020: Construction at Main Library begins
- Fall 2020: Bertram Woods Owners’ Representative, Architect, and Construction Manager at Risk selected
- Winter 2021: Design of Bertram Woods begins
- Spring 2021: Library schedules Community Meetings with Architects
- Summer 2021: Construction at Bertram Woods begins