Shaker Library built its Main Library at 3450 Lee Road in 1951. As the community’s demand for library services increased, more space was needed. Working with the City and the Schools, the Library sold its building to the City (now the Stephanie Tubbs Jones Community Building) and renovated the former Moreland School building into the Main Library. The renovated Library opened in 1993, and since then, the Library has maintained the facility.
In May 2018, taxpayers passed a 1.9-mill operating levy and some of those funds will be used to renovate the library into a building that will allow easier access for the entire community with flexible spaces for reading, research, and computing. We are excited to offer our community a newly renovated library for the 21st century.