Monday-Thursday 11 am – 6:50 pm
Friday and Saturday 9:30 am – 5:20 pm
Computer Center Questions and Answers
How do I make a reservation?
There is no need to make a reservation. Just stop in. Computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
What if I don’t have a library card?
Guest passes are available for those who do not have a library card.
If you would like to apply for a Library card, call the Circulation Department at 216-991-2030, option 4 to schedule an appointment to get your card.
Can I just walk in and use a computer? Do I have to make an appointment?
We are not accepting reservations at this time. All computers are available on a first come, first served basis.
Can I use the copier/fax/scanner?
A black-and-white copier is available for use on the first floor of the library. If you need color copies, to scan a document, or to send a FAX, please come to the second floor of the library.
Can I use a computer for longer than one hour?
Due to library renovations and the need for physical distancing, computer use is limited to one-hour appointments. Visitors will be permitted one session per day.
If I need more time, can my session be extended?
Start and end times are programmed for one hour and the system does not allow them to be changed or extended.
Can someone help me fill out a job application?
Due to physical-distancing requirements, staff assistance is limited. Staff can provide simple pointers and guidance, but are unable to provide in-depth support at this time.
How much does it cost to print/copy/FAX?
Your library card automatically entitles you to receive $1.00’s worth of free prints daily. If you are using a guest pass or have used your daily $1.00 in free prints, charges for prints are 10¢/page for black-and-white or 50¢/page for color.
Copying charges are 10¢/page for black-and-white or 50¢/page for color copies.
FAXing is free.
Can I get change?
We are unable to provide change at this time. Please plan to bring correct change if you need to print or copy items.
What safety precautions are library staff taking?
- Face coverings are required for both staff and visitors.
- Computer Stations are spaced out to maintain distance between visitors.
- We will not have office supplies available to lend – this includes pens, staplers, paper clips and white out. Small pencils will be provided.
- Staff will sanitize each computer and workstation areas after each use.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Computer Center.
- Due to physical-distancing requirements, staff assistance is limited. While we are not able to provide our usual full-service assistance, staff may provide some basic assistance while maintaining a six-foot distance.
Can I use the library to browse for books or movies or to just sit and relax?
Not at this time. For the health and safety of our customers and staff, we have carefully planned a phased re-opening of library services. If you would like to borrow library materials, please use our Curbside Service.